Monday, July 16, 2012

Bellarocca | A Dream in the Making

Photo courtesy of Bellarocca Island Website

I couldn't take my mind of Bellarocca ever since I found it on the internet while searching my next destination. It became on the top of my list of places I wanted to see before I die. Their rates are crazy high and it would take me forever to save up for it. But then, forever came too soon. 
When the era of group buying sites began, I took advantage of my unlimited internet access to check on their latest offers. Naturally, I was keen on getting the best travel discounts I could get. All the time, I hoped I'd run into a deal for Bellarocca. It came soon enough on Deal Grocer but I wasn't totally convinced so I waited for other options. I found another one on a travel agency's website, anywherephilippines.com. Their rates are quite acceptable and we were seriously considering it. Until I met Ruthy from Tuggy's Travels. If this was a fairy tale, she would be my fairy godmother. I saw her deal on Facebook:

Bellarocca Island Resort and Spa
► Marinduque
► http://bellaroccaresorts.com/► 2D/1N in a One-Bedroom Villa
► includes:
- roundtrip land & sea transfers (Marinduque Airport-Resort-Marinduque Airport),
- Welcome refreshments at the Resort.
- Intimate and luxurious accommodation with individual climate control; Sony Bravia LCD TV (42") with complete DVD Player and state-of-the-art home theatre stereo system, satellite cable TV, Ipod dock (upon request and subject to availability) and Hi-Fi compact sound systems, in-suite safe, mini bar, pillow selections, modern bath and shower facilities with complete range of luxurious bath amenitites, a private balcony/verandah, indoor and outdoor Jacuzzis, entertainment/game room, and library.
- All villas have its own eternity pool, Jacuzzi, pocket garden.
- Complimentary internet connectivity in the accommodation (cable) and public areas (Wi-Fi).
- Complimentary drinking bottles of water in the room, replenished daily.
- Complimentary coffee & tea selections in room.
- Golf cart service
- Complimentary access to the resort's range of exclusive facilities and recreational activities, i.e. 9-hole golf course, 2 main swimming pools, tea house, meditation sanctuary, fitness gym, entertainment room, among others.
► inclusive of taxes and service charge
► Not valid during Peak periods
► Valid until 8/31 and 11/30 
I just died. A 1 bedroom villa? I wondered how much an overnight stay would cost. Other deals could only offer a deluxe room and I couldn't even afford that. But this one is a 1 bedroom villa. You get to have your own infinity pool, an indoor and outdoor jacuzzi, and all the good stuff that comes with a 1 bedroom villa. I wanted it so bad. I felt like I owed it to myself to at least inquire for their rates. So I sent Ruthy a message and she immediately responded.
I practically begged her to give us a huge discount. She was very accommodating and even arranged for me to do the bargaining with his boss, Tuggy. I always thought I had good negotiating skills and this was exactly what I needed when I bargained with Tuggy over his Bellarocca vouchers. Eventually, we made a deal that was acceptable for both of us. I immediately called my boyfriend to inform him of the deal I made with Tuggy and I could hear his happiness equalling mine. We closed the deal and arranged a meet up for the payment and the vouchers. We couldn't trust them enough back then to just simply make a deposit for the payment, I mean, I've never heard of Tuggy's Travels until I met Ruthy. Its quite a large sum of money. We had to make sure it wasn't some sort of a scam. Well obviously, it wasn't, and I couldn't be happier. We made more deals with Tuggy after this one, but that's a different story. 
We dropped by Tuggy's office in Makati where I met him and Ruthy. Apparently, Tuggy works for a travel magazine and is currently based in the Philippines. He's originally from London which made it somehow difficult to communicate (major nosebleed). He explained a great deal about his work and his business. We made conversations about his personal life, his travels and our travels. Quite a funny guy. He even gave us copies of his magazine which featured a lot of tourist spots here in the country, including Bellarocca. Which leads us back to the vouchers. He showed us a couple more of his vouchers for other resorts. He's got plenty and I was eyeing each one of them. Right then I just knew I haven't seen the last of Tuggy's Travels. 
When we've finally concluded our little chat, we handed him the check and he gave us our vouchers. Getting our hands on the vouchers made it official. This is really it. My dream come true. 
I was so happy that I had to share the deal I made to my friends. And I owed it to Tuggy to promote his business after giving us a good price. I also promised to keep the price he gave us a secret. I think he'd be out of business if people started bargaining with him like we did. Anyway, I was able to refer a good friend of mine and she got a good deal with him too. So I guess I wasn't totally out of line. 
We arranged the reservation with Bellarocca right after we got the vouchers. My boyfriend and I decided to schedule it on his birthday in October. We made the deal in May. That was a very long wait. 
The booking was made thru Ms. Venus, a Reservations Manager of Bellarocca, and was finalized within a week. We immediately booked a flight to Marinduque following the dates we have reserved for the villa. For vacations in such resorts with limited capacity, ALWAYS reserve your accommodation first before your flight. Its easier to modify reservations on resorts than on flights. Had to learn this the hard way.
The only commercial airline that flies to Marinduque is ZestAir. Here are the flight schedules provided by Bellarocca management (valid as of October 2011).
We chose a Saturday to Monday trip, which was our BIGGEST regret up to this day. Its the shortest trip of them all! But we did have our reasons:
1) Longer stay means more meals and more meals means more expenses. Food in the island is crazy expensive. 
2) For some reason, those days have the cheapest flights when compared with others 
So we just thought a few hours wouldn't make much difference. But we were so wrong. The additional expenses of staying a bit longer could've been all worth it. 
The flight and accommodations are booked. Now the waiting game begins. 
Spent the following months reading articles and blogs about the island, looking at pictures, dreaming of the day when it'll be our turn. 



Bellarocca Island Resort and Spa 
Province of Marinduque, Philippines
http://www.bellaroccaresorts.com/




Tuggy's Travel
Contact Tuggy at +63 928 554 6564 / +63 2 892 4120
http://www.tuggystravel.com/
http://www.facebook.com/tuggstravel


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...