Saturday, July 21, 2012

Travel Madness Expo 2012 - An Aftermath




Its only my first time to attend a travel expo. I've always wanted to go but something always kept me from attending similar events in the past. Anyway, I had my expectations but I kinda hoped for more. Most of the booths are from travel agencies that offer THE SAME tours and rates. They even give out the same freakin' flyers. Speaking of flyers, I have a lot those now. I don't know why, but I just had to get them. Its not like I'm going to book a tour for a trip like HK, I'm a do-it-yourself kinda gal. And I hate those travel agencies that rip off their clients. Anyone could do a lot better with just enough research. Well, that's their money, not mine. 



A lot of international airlines also participated in the expo. But we're basically booked for the year and I can't spend anymore money on new travel plans. And most importantly, they are still way too expensive. I'd rather splurge on something else than on airplane tickets. I mean, Cebu Pacific can also take you to KL safely, why spend and additional Php 10,000 just to ride Malaysian Airlines instead? But then again, their money, not mine. 


I thought I'd be able to see booths from hotels and resorts, but nope, nada! Not a single one. 

Although there are 2 important things that I got coming out of this expo: 
1) It gave us an idea of how much we have to save up for our dream vacations: Europe Tour, Maldives and Caribbean/Mediterranean Cruise. 
2) I found a travel agency that could give me good rates for Amanpulo (aww yeah)


our dream vacation on flyers


While walking around the expo, the Citibank guys kept on persuading us to apply for a credit card. We weren't really interested at first but they were giving away these bags (and other freebies) which was very convenient at that time considering the tons of flyers we had been carrying around. So heck, its not like its gonna hurt to get another (its actually my 4th) credit card. 


Citibank eco bags - convenient!


In the end, we didn't really book or buy anything. All that we have now are free tourist maps and a lot of inspiration for our next destinations. I really did enjoy it though. Running around, taking flyers that we don't really need, listening to sales/marketing people sell out their products and services, and being surrounded by a lot of other travel enthusiasts. Totally worth Php50 (?). But I do hope for better promos on the next travel expo which is, I think, next year. Yeah, I'm willing to do it all over again - says the travel junkie in me. 

Till next time. ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...